Are you ready for the second slam of the year? I’m not. But maybe you are. The draws come out tomorrow and for us who are not in Paris, we will mindlessly stare at our Twitter timelines and pretend to understand what’s happening as they pick out and place the players’ names.
Roger is in Nole’s half again… duh.
First round is… Rafa vs Nalby. WOT? Why do the tennis gods do this?
Hold on, nevermind. It’s actually Nalby vs Qualifier, I get confused which lines play each other.
Milos vs Murray third round. LOL. I think. I don’t know anymore!!!!
Every. Damn. Slam. I get quite the kick out of it.
Here are some must-reads/sees (according to me) as we look ahead to Roland Garros:
- Brian Baker. Keep an eye out for him.
I hope he’s not too tired from Nice to make a mini run in Paris.
- The parallels of Rafael Nadal and Bjorn Borg’s clay court dominance.
- Great interviews with Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic on CNN
- Sport Illustrated writers preview the men’s field. Their pick for the title? Some guy whose name rhymes with Nafa.
- Richard Pagliaro’s 5 contenders for the women’s title. Hard to disagree with this list. I initially thought of Kvitova instead of Stosur but Petra limped out of Rome so her level is a big question mark right now.
- The floaters who might (or might not) shake it up for the top seeds.
In not really RG-related but kinda…
- Nole signs with Uniqlo. He’s not wearing all-white while rolling around the RG dirt, is he?
Full disclosure: I wrote this.
- Pablo is on Twitter. That’s all. Move along.
Image via Roland-Garros