I made my way out to the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, CA this morning and I can’t tell you enough how fucking awesome that place is. I’ll discuss today in bullets (in no particular order) because I am not capable of constructing sentences at the moment. Clicking on the names will take you the player’s photo gallery from today.
- Ana Ivanovic and Fernando Verdasco practiced next to each other. Although not on adjoining courts but still next to each other. I caught Nando look over once. Manwhore. But I have to admit, I went crazy with my camera when I saw him.
- Nando practiced with Juan Monaco. Too much hotness on one court.
- Caught Rafael Nadal hitting with Janko Tipsarevic. The show practice court was about to explode with people. I’m sure the ovaries of the ladies watching were in the same state. 2 hours later, Rafa hit with Juan Carlos Ferrero.
- Jesus. All. These. Tennis. Guys. Are. Hot.
- Vera Zvonareva practiced alone until a hitting partner came. Per usual. Stayed at least 2 hours on that practice court! Then, Maria Sharapova came and kicked her out.
- Had so much fun watching Andy Murray play footie with his team and Ross Hutchins. Feliciano Lopez loved it too.
- Daniela Hantuchova hit with Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. It was boring.
- Justine Henin drew a crowd at practice then lost to Gisela Dulko on Stadium 1. Heh.
- After Justine’s practice, the crowd stayed and waited for Roger Federer to come on next. He never came. Masha was going to hit there then thought, nevermind, and took Bepa’s court. Two guys who I couldn’t recognize then came on to hit where RF’s fans were waiting. Fun.
- Today, I found out that Gilles Simon has a girlfriend. Horrible.
- David Nalbandian also has a significant other. Not sure if she’s a tennis player too but she jogged with him on the practice field and wore non-Nalby brand gear. Girl was also head cheerleader during his match.
- I really wanted to see Richard Gasquet but caught none of him. Not in practice nor during his losing effort to Simon Greul.
- I wish I had fun stories to tell about Marcos Baghdatis and Victoria Azarenka but they just went about their business and I just went with mine.
- Ryan Harrison is cute.
I think that’s it.